The patented C-A-T® Generation 7 is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T® Gen7 completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The C-A-T® Gen7 utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Includes reinforced windlass, stabilization plate, windlass clip and writeable windlass security strap
- Featuring NAR’s signature Red Tip Technology® elliptical tab providing added visual clues during application
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
Weight | 2.7 oz
Dimensions | Unfolded | 37.5 inches
Dimensions | Folded | 6.5 in. x 2.4 in. x 1.5 in.
SEL # | 09MS-04-BAND
NSN | 6910-01-560-2972
U.S. Patent | 7,842,067 | 7,892,253
There are no reviews yet.